Riverside Mountain Retreat
Riverside Mountain Retreat
This lovely alpine-style ground floor four-bedroom apartment is situated just outside the small village of Val D Illiez, a valley near Monthey in the Swiss region of Valais. Besides Val-d'Illiez, Champéry is the most crucial town in the valley, one of the pioneers of early tourism in Switzerland.
Nestled at the foot of the majestic Dents du Midi massif, the Val d'Illiez municipality also includes Les Croset and Champoussin. It stretches several kilometres through a neighbouring valley of the Rhone named the Val d'Illiez. The Portes du Soleil ski resort offers nearly endless possibilities in winter. In the summer, visitors are thrilled to discover the many hikes, bike tours and the Via Ferrata, a secured climbing route.
The Riverside Mountain Retreat is the perfect escape for family gatherings or small group getaways. It offers beautiful mountain views, where you can bask in the fresh alpine air while sipping your morning coffee, a riverside garden with modern amenities and a sauna.
The spacious living area features large windows that flood the space with natural light and provide uninterrupted views along the valley to the majestic Dents Du Midi mountains and up to the historic church of ValD'Illiez. Relax on the comfortable sofas or walk out to the riverside garden, accessible directly from all rooms.
This apartment is ideally situated for the Portes du Soleil ski area with the option of the Ski Train to Champery ski lift from Fayot station or a short drive to Les Crosset, Grand Paradis or Morgins ski lifts, making it a fantastic choice for winter enthusiasts.
In the summer, explore the nearby hiking and biking trails, unwind by the river with a good book, play badminton in the garden or stretch out with some riverside Yoga. The charming village is just a short drive away, offering quaint shops, restaurants, and cultural experiences.
Condo with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 1829 square feet, 170 square meters
King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Geneva Airport (GVA)
1 hour and 20 minutes drive
Dents Du Midi mountains
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Hike the Dent de Valerette. The ascent from the Auberge de Chindonne has never-ending switchbacks to the summit.
- Lac De Montriond. A really lovely place to have a picnic, swim, kayak or paddle or take a gentle stroll around the lake.
- Route de la Diligence.
Places of Interest
- Château de Saint-Maurice. As if watching over the Rhone, the Castle of St. Maurice stands at the foot of one of the last mountains just before the Rhone flows into Lake Geneva.
- Abbaye de Saint-Maurice. The Saint-Maurice Abbey in Valais was built as a place of martyrdom 1500 years ago.
- Col de Coux. The Col de Cou forms the border between Switzerland and France here and was particularly popular with smugglers in the early 20th century.